martedì 25 ottobre 2016

TolkienData - Mentions in Lord of the Rings
My mind often travels to the Middle Earth. For this reason I decided to create a dataviz ispired by Lord of the Rings and J.R.R. Tolkien's books. I looked at the frequency of characters mentions in Lotr. I created three bar charts to show the frequency in each chapter of the trilogy. Than I realized other 3 charts, trying to make them similar to a book (just for an aesthetic choice). In these graphs I reported the mentions in every single page of the books, so that it looks immediatly the presence of the characters throughout the story. 

In addition to this I showed all my 22 characters the best I can, underlining some of their attribute, like name, race, culture. On the right you can also read the first quote of the trilogy in which the character was mentioned. 
Take a look and have a nice trip in the Middle Earth!


Click below and go to the interactive Viz!

Filippo Mastroianni was born on March 14, 1988 in Milan. Data Analyst and Consultant for The Information Lab Italy, approaches the data-driven world from a humanistic background. He graduates with a thesis on Data Journalism and discovered his great passion for Data Visualization. Since 2016 he regularly collaborates with Il Sole 24 Ore. Author of several Viz of the Day, he is currently Tableau Ambassador and Tableau Featured Author.

0 commenti:

Posta un commento

That is all on Data

Contact Me