martedì 15 novembre 2016

How States Have Shifted Over the Past Decades
It's been a while since I've seen my first flow diagram. I always wanted to create one, using the Sigmoid Function, to try something new. I never had the right idea. But this week I thought to represent how states have shifted over the last decades and Us elections.

I looked for the data I needed and I created the dataviz below. It was an hard work, also because it needed several Calculated Field, for curves, colors and other. 

This is my tall Sankey diagram. The size of every state is related to his electoral votes. The coloured lines represent the states that have shifted between two consecutive elections. 

Here it is. Enjoy!
Click below and go to the interactive Viz!

Filippo Mastroianni was born on March 14, 1988 in Milan. Data Analyst and Consultant for The Information Lab Italy, approaches the data-driven world from a humanistic background. He graduates with a thesis on Data Journalism and discovered his great passion for Data Visualization. Since 2016 he regularly collaborates with Il Sole 24 Ore. Author of several Viz of the Day, he is currently Tableau Ambassador and Tableau Featured Author.

0 commenti:

Posta un commento

That is all on Data

Contact Me